Operation Grand Diamond Debrief : Day 2

**Warning : Even more pictures**

After a good nights sleep(8~9 hours at least), it was time to check out the hotel's breakfast spread. While it is not as good as the previous one my family stayed at, yet to someone who eats combat rations the last time he was in Thailand, I could not have asked for more.


East meets West


I feel like a kid again eating cereals...


A shot with my sister. A good night sleep does wonders...

Next off it was to the Jim Thompson House Museum. A bit mountain turtle me but I did not know Jim Thompson is also a brand until much later when my sister told me. Could not take much pictures as there is to be no photo taking during the tour and is only limited to the garden and the exhibitions. You can read more about him here


The entrance to the garden. Looks like something out of lost world...


The Jim Thompson House Museum


An optical illusion at one of the exhibitions...

Lunch was at the next shopping center, MBK center. Not much pictures to take there as it was another super big far east style shopping center. I think after this trip, I dun think I wanna go to far east liaos. The stuff over at bangkok is about the same and yet so much cheaper(of cos IF next time got gf who wanna go there than no choice). Lunch was once again at the food court and this time having a good nights sleep, my appetite was there.


Beef Ball Noodles... Thai Style I think...

After more shopping(of which I got myself a new pair of jeans...yay), we headed off to Siam Paragon which is another new shopping center. And yes its another huge shopping center with up market brands. And the best thing is that it is connected to 2 other shopping centers. Something like taka and wisma. The food level is huge and it us very long to decide what to eat with so many types of food. In the end, we went to a place with "safe" food. In the sense that its a no brainer choice to what to order. The place serves western style food and it did not take me long to decide to have steak. Its been a long time I had steak so might as well.


Tea is served by the pot...


Which is a two in one type of thing. The cup is below the pot... kinda cute...


Steak:check, Fries:check, Vege:che... ok why so much vege one... :X

After a nice dinner, it was time once again to head back to the hotel. On the way back, we entered Central World again. This time we decided to walk the whole length of it. I guess Bangkok is really trying to move up slowly as the stuff the shops there sell are rather up market. Things like Armani and sony vaio laptops can be found on sale. And with so many shops in this huge shopping center, I guess the brands are either confident the locals have more spending power now or that there will be enough tourist that will come by. And I think for RAOUL, its the latter. Yup I got myself a RAOUL shirt(So that can look more presentable when taking photos with pretty girls :P).


lol... just couldn't help but take this photo...


My first RAOUL shirt... hehe :D

To finish off the day, we went to have dessert at something that is no longer available in Singapore. Its been a long long time since I had Root Beer, Waffle and Curly Fries at A&W. Guess must be all the walking that made me initially hungry. And I nearly got owned too by the Waffle meal. But I pressed on and conquered it.


A&W Waffle Meal includes Root Beer in Frosty Mug, Ice Cream Waffle and Curly Fries(which came latter thus in the background)


No I will not get owned by this...


I came, I saw, I Conquered...

And so ends day two of Operation Grand Diamond. Headed by to the hotel and got some sleep.