And we danced on into the night...

"Into The Night" by Santana Featuring Chad Kroeger



New song fom Santana with Chad Kroeger on Vocals. Also nice to see a music video with happy ending. Or rather what looks to be one. Although a bit fairy tale that before he can jump off, a dove lands near him, gets his attention and goes off to a window of the place a girl is at to direct his attention there.

So nice right? Hopefully one day a dove will also land at my window to catch my attention...

*Note : start of a very long post. Gonna recap 5 days...*

Anyway time to do a recap of the happenings in my life over the weekend.

Friday:

Due to me not going for the Orange party to study at home on Thursday and the fact I actually was ahead of schedule, I managed to clear up Friday's revision so it was unofficially a day of rest for me.

Met up with Elliott first and than Herbert at PS for dinner before going down to a wine place to try out something new. Its a new thing to me to have a Hibiscus flower in my champagne. Suppose to drink it first, let the Hibiscus settle in and drink it again to taste the difference. Also you can eat the Hibiscus after that. And its meant to be eaten whole. A very interesting experience overall for me. Also helped my sister collect name cards in case she would use them for her work or something. Thanks to Elliott for putting me on his guest list for the event.

Pics from the event:





As with every friday night, it's Viva La Fridays over at Double 0 and thats where we were headed to next.

Music was good as there are all Jazz remixes. Once again there were dance performances on the floor and they never fail to amaze me. Maybe my standard is not high but hey I enjoyed them and thats all that matters.

Got to know Eugene better that night and also was introduced to Melissa formally. The last time I met her was at the fashion show at Butterfactory but did not get to talk much. HuiRong and Leanna was there as well and the three of them kept disturbing me on my dancing. I said it once and I will keep on saying it. I cannot dance for nuts, haha... And it did not help that my legs were aching from Thursday's evening jog where my ego got the better of me. :P

Definitely enjoyed myself more as I had no school the next day.


Group shot time...

And a big thanks to Vincent for all the nice photos... :)

Saturday:

"Attack of the Flu" was the main theme for a lazy Saturday. The flu hit hard and fast without giving the defenders a chance to react. Haha, yup the flu hit me the minute I woke up and a tissue paper was never far from me. Yet I still managed to push on and to clear up the last few remaining tutorials left for revision.

Things were going well for my revision plan. And moral was good concerning my paper on monday(only to be dashed but thats a story for later on). Met up with Elliott and Herbert for supper at the usual block 401 coffee shop.

Wanted to sleep early but even the flu medicine could not stop me from tossing and turning in bed. The feeling that its not going end the way I want it just couldn't go away.

Sunday:

The slight drizzy made it hard to get up but eventually I dragged myself out of bed. 3 hours of sleep give you a grumpy Kenneth in the morning(which took about 30mins to disappear). Looking outside at the wet condition, I told myself it was the worst start to me getting back on the roads.

Yup finally after so long, I decided to get myself back on the roads and driving to church for morning service was a good way to do it. So I thought until I saw the roads and realised that I only got 3 hours of sleep.

It was tempting to speed as we were going to the coffee shop next to church for breakfast. But I remembered what my driving instructor said, "Whenever you drive, you are not only responsible for your own life but also the lives of those in the car and the others on the road". While I did fall to the temptation of the accelerator, overall other than one part where I was over the speed limit(aiyah straight empty road mah...), it was a smooth safe journey.

My cousin showed my the picture of the running shoe he recommend to me to get to replace my worn out DS Trainer. Looks not bad lah. If only it came in blue colour. But also means is gonna cost me another $120+. Ouch... think I should stay home more often liaos.

Rest of the day was spent doing revision and re-revision to make sure I know the formulas by hard. Of cos knowing Kenneth, I just had to go do something stupid. Well my earlier post is all about it so if you want to get a better picture go read it.

Slept very very late as I was once again tossing and turning in bed with IT weighing heavily on my mind.

Monday:

Went to school in the morning for my last paper. Moral was abit high as I felt that I did enough revision to pass this module comfortably. A Pass is all I want and a Credit which might be possible is a bonus. But Murphy's Law hit me right on and it was one of those rare moments that I did not even have to start reading the question paper to know the outcome. The aura of dread that filled the exam room was rather overwhelming. All that I studied and revised and memorised and worked so hard for only accounted to 6 out of 60 marks. Dunno where I am gonna get the other 24 marks to help me pass this paper.

My classmate even went as far as to comment that if he ever sees the lecturer come back to SG to teach again, he will make sure he leaves as a Donald Duck from the initial Micky Mouse.(Explanation : The lecturer always likes to say each example is as easy as Micky Mouse. As for the Donald Duck, think of skin colour. Racist? Well I dun think everyone will be so angry if he replied our question to what is the exam paper gonna be like with more than just its gonna be 8 questions.)

Went home after the paper without any appetite that I had to slightly force myself to get lunch. Tried to cheer myself up by turning cheats on in my usual conquer Europe game so I go charging into the enemy's town militia with hordes of fully armored knights. Well it helped abit but still feeling like crap.


A nice peaceful town hiding behinds its walls...


If the cannons dun do the job, the guys behind will do it


There goes the neighborhood...

Dinner was at AMK Hub's Fish & Co. The occasion was to meet up with Lincoln(My ex Bible Study Group Leader) for his belated Birthday dinner. No pictures were taken even though I brought the camera. But I guess thats usually what happens when its all guys after a long day of work/school and so on. But it was good catching up with everyone. The usual jokes and army/school stories were the topic for the night. Also managed to have a little talk with Derick on more serious things in life(Guess both of us agree on somethings and maybe its time for us to have a change of environment).

Still wearing my Jersey(Yeah I wore my Newcastle Jersey the whole day like a die hard fan), I waited for the Newcastle vs Derby Match. Hoping that it would be a good one to end my horrid weekend. Well not going to comment much. The game speaks for itself. Derby deserved the win.

But just wanna mention a word of thanks to everyone who in one way or another sent me a word of encouragement.

Tuesday:

With the Derby defeat adding more fuel to the fire of disappointment over the weekend, I woke up to the official start of my term break. And to add matter's worst, the Flu decided to do a counter attack. Not as bad as the first round but bad enough for me to reach for a tissue paper every once in a while(kinda irritating as just before I was about to blow the enemy's walls with my big huge cannon, I had to pause the game and reach for one).

The only good thing is that it stopped me from going for my usual evening jog. Good cos I seem to have injured my left knee slightly. Dunno from where also but there is a small nagging pain there. Would have gone for the jog even with it but my training to become a section commander in the army(which due to my ankle injury I did not complete) taught me that the flu and exercise do not mix.

Well to add to the rather down feeling of the day, I just found out that a church friend just passed away while delivering her 2nd child. Kinda sad as she would have everything going for her. A nice family, active in church and a fulfilling job as a teacher. My condolences to the family. Seems like there was some complications and the water bag flooded her lungs. The baby is still in ICU now.

I guess one can never be too confident about life. Anything can happen at anytime. Which sort of gives me some encouragement as well. In the sense that you will never know when its time for God to call you home and yet here I am sulking about how lousy my weekend was. Of cos I am not expecting myself to snap a finger and get out of the depressing mood but rather not to start the whole pity myself thing.

Like mentioned in an earlier post, I will get myself out of this down and out feeling and just get on with life. 2 weeks of holiday is too short to waste on feeling sorry for myself.

And that wraps up my weekend recap. Have not figured out with to do what my 2 weeks yet but I am sure I can come up with something.

Cheers,
Kenneth ;)