Better Late Then Never....

Abstract From "Our Daily Bread":

"Our house in Boise, Idaho, backs up to a park with a walking track. You can see most of the path from our kitchen window, and because of that I’ve learned to recognize people by their walk.

There’s a lawyer from down the street who’s always in a hurry, an elderly man who trudges slowly by, a woman who strides with purposeful steps. Each has a characteristic gait...."

This passage somehow struck me as I was doing some soul searching over the week.

When was the last time your friend said something like : "Oh that must be . I can tell from the way he/she walks...". Now look at it in the same way but towards our individual character. We all have some particular traits that people can associate with our character and the way we do things. From how we deal with difficulty, how we handle success or even how strong our determination is.

And just like the author of the passage, how then would the people around us associate our character or even our lives with? "Cheerful", "Determined", "Always There When You Need Her/Him"? Or "Pessimistic", "Hopeless", "Insecure". What do we want the people around us to associate us with?

I myself sometimes wonder what do the people think of me after "walking by" their lives. Whether positive or negative, I guess I cannot really do anything about it now. But I know that I still got my life ahead of me(if my maker allows) and as the saying goes : "Better late then Never..."

Cheers,
Kenneth. (",)