Games Convention Asia 2007

This year, the Games Convention Asia 2007 was held at Suntec Level 6 and since admission is free(Wonder if I would have gone if have to pay), being an avid gamer myself and of cos I had friends there, I decided to take time off my revision to pay the event a visit.

Went there on Thursday alone before meeting up for Dinner at Taos. Unfortunately I reached there after 5 thinking it will close at around 8pm, but it closes at 6pm which left me around 45mins to walk around. My mistake was not to go there early as it was rather empty and I could walk around without having to squeeze my way through the human traffic.

Saturday was better as I managed to spend more time walking around with Herbert and Elliott who joined us later. And of cos I managed to take more photos while walking around with the 10TACLE Studios Lanyard(Thanks Casse). Kinda like the badge for mine.

Also met up with HuiRong in her "superwomen" costume manning some Asiasoft golf game booth. There her job was to look pretty and stamp the card for the freebies that the visitors can collect. Of cos I did no bother with the freebies. I think my "freebies" were worth so much more.

Iris was also there cosplaying as a human priest from World of Warcraft(WOW). Somehow in my WOW days, I do not remember the priest in my guild wearing like that. But hey if they were as pretty as her than maybe I wun curse and swear so much when they dun do their properly[Imagine a jack of all trades class(me) healing so much more than a pure healing class(priest)].

The booths there were mainly showcasing new or upcoming games. Although I wish they would get more powerful computer for the game Crysis. The game was lagging as the computer could not cope with the huge demands the game had. Companies like Sony and Nintendo were there as well, showing off their respective consoles and portable game devices.

Overall the event seems lacking as compared to those you read about on the internet but I guess it can be considered a good try as Singapore is not yet at the same level as the rest.


With Miss "Superwoman" HuiRong


Photo with Casse @ 10TACLE Studios Booth


With Iris cosplaying as a WOW priest

More of the event pictures I took can be seen : here