Trying to find a Balance...

And so the first week of school is about to come to an end. And its a friday night but here I am blogging while waiting for my lecture notes to be printed instead of being out as usual. Yet somehow a sense of conflicting thoughts are going through my head now.

I have decided not to stay out late on saturdays due to the need to wake up early the next day for church. Or at least get my 6~7 hours of sleep at night. Thus going out falls on fridays where usually I can rest up on saturday and be fine on sunday.

But yet somehow SIM decides that as full time students, it is ok to burn our saturdays with lessons when weekdays are empty. I have never understood the need to do this and the worst is when the whole saturday is burnt. And to top it off, I got some idiot in class who suggested starting lessons at 8am from the usual 9am. Lol, spare a thought for the rest of us who like stay on the other side of singapore. Sheesh, if it really happened, I do not think I would be the first to ask him to choose his pole at the SIM compound.

But on the other hand, understanding that I am a full time student and it is not cheap to study this degree, the idea of going to school with 3~5 hours of sleep on a saturday with lessons the whole day is also not a good idea. Especially a heavy theory one.

Decisions, decisions and decisions. Well here I am at home typing this out means the decision has been made. I guess the matter of the heart versus the mind is easier now for me to decide on but the matter of the mind versus the mind?

lol, hope I do not toss and turn later when I try to get an early night.


Cheers,
Kenneth.