Good things sometimes come in small packages...

Just a quick post before I go sleep. Its another saturday evening and while I am not short on invites to go out, I decided to be a good boy and stay home. Yup Newcastle lost to Reading and my nose is leaking abit.

But I guess if there is anything to be thankful of, it will be thanks to my sister. She recently went to another one of those food tasting session and they gave her something to bring back.




It seems that Raffles the Plaza has this really interesting dish on its menu. Its a $450 pie that can feed 4 persons. I do not have the full ingredient list for it but looking at the price, thats one very expensive pie. And my Sister decided to share with everyone during dinner a smaller version of it. Which I would assume is also not cheap. Maybe $80 at least?



So following the instructions, it goes into the toaster for about 20 minutes. Learnt something from my mother about using the toaster. To prevent the top from getting burnt, you can use a piece of foil to cover it.




Here you can see the contents of the pie. Turkey, Liver, Truffles and I was told the gravy has champaign in it. And that little black piece there is the truffle. Its not cheap I was told as it grows underground and you need a specially trained dog to snif them out. Cool... although the food noob in me cannot really appreciate it.

Well thats about it for this blog. Feeling rather unbalanced this few days again. Hope I get over it soon. Assignments are starting to come in and I need all the motivation I can muster in me to get them done.

LiveJournal been updated as well and thats all from me tonight.

Nights world,
Kenneth ;)