But when we are apart I feel it too...

"Tearing Up My Heart" By *NSYNC



An appropriate music video for the situation below.

Was rather happy that I managed to find something from my past still on the internet. Adapted it to something more personal so that there is no chance of any similarity to anyone's situation which might prompt a miscalculated move. (AKA, this is some food for thought, not a directive telling you what to do)

---

Dear BreakUp Girl,

I just realise recently that I have developed a crush on a friend of mine(Let's call her Miss Happening).

Miss Happening is just one of a kind. And it doesn't help that she has no idea how awesome she is. Which in turns only makes her even more attractive to me. Pretty, talented, sincere and the list can go on. Its been a long time since I felt this comfortable just by being with someone.

Sigh... if only you knew her, I am sure you would have said so yourself.

Over the past few weeks We have grown closer as friends. But yet I am pretty sure that she does not feel the same way about it.

I know I shouldn't say anything about how I feel because it will just make things awkward between us. But I feel that because of this secret of mine, I cannot go on to be a better friend to her.

Should I tell her how I feel, knowing that the chances of a romance between us is almost close to nothing?

Or should I just keep it to myself, hoping that the feeling will go away?

I guess that it is normal that such a spectacular girl like her usually leaves a trail of broken hearts behind. With mine soon to join that trail...

regards,
Kenneth.

---

Dear Kenneth,

Don't tell her how you feel because you want something from her. By Placing that expectation on her is the only thing that would create the awkwardness. Tell her how you feel simply because it is true.

And because any expression of feeling, at any point of time on that sometimes slippery slope between friendship and romance, can turn out to be a wonderful thing.

Romances can come and go. But friends, particularly those you can be this honest with, last a lot longer.

Love Breakup girl.

Adapted from "Crushed?", A Breakup Girl Comic.

---

Well something like this happened to me... although the girl never knew about it. Maybe in this special case its a good thing. Were anything to happen, either good or not so good, I dun think I am ready for it.

Cheers,
Kenneth :)