And that's why I'm wondering why

"She Says" by Howie Day



Original MTV

This is another hit by Howie Day after "Collide". There have been many different views on this song. From a ex boyfriend telling the new boyfriend of his ex girlfriend that he will never be able to love her like he did. Or a guy who is a best friend to a girl singing about how to her, he can only be her best friend but yet he should be the best one for her.

Well either way it does make sense and unfortunately until there is an official explanation to this song, everyone can only keep guessing. But to me, its the deeper meaning of it all. The irony in the whole situation that the thing lost/given up could be the better of the two.

And the application here would be that its sometimes good to take a step back and look beyond that narrow vision and consider if there is something else better out there. Something beyond our comfort zones or something that we are so used to do that we do not want to consider an alternative. Or that sometimes the very thing that we are giving up is the best option compared to the new thing we are considering.

Well it does mean that I need to be more flexible. For someone who likes to stay in his comfort zone, who only does things the way he knows will work out. Maybe its time to consider other things and explore new things. Meet new people and consider new ideas from other people. Or maybe it just means that I should stop thinking so much... lol...

Anyway just a quick recap of the last 2 days.

Sunday was my first step to recovery of my ankle. After that incident I know it will never be back to 100%. But hey completing the 12km without stopping(ok lah I did stop at the water point and the toliet) in a non flat route was a good indication that my ankle is alot better than before. Next step would be to conquer the 21km. Of cos it also means I need to get a new pair of shoes. Am open for suggestion so feel free to leave a note on the tag board if you would like to suggest a pair of shoes. Do keep in mind that I would be going for something heavier for better support for longer distance.

Went to meet Elliott, Herbert and HuiRong in town for dinner as a reward for completing the 12km. Well something happened before that that irritated me. But I guess some times the best medicine is not the sweetest one. And if we are not willing to taste it, we will never become better. Dinner was at suntec and it was off to have one drink at Harry's while the Toon vs Boro game was on. Expected the Toons to win but I guess a point from an away game cannot be that bad. Man Utd vs Spurs was next. Did not finish the match there as everyone was getting tired.

Something happened and looking it from a positive point of view, I am glad that I was able to be objective about it. Just stop, think what to do next and do it and make the best of the situation. Of cos knowing my soft heart, there is no way I can ever get angry. Accidents happen... One thing to complain though, my bourbon coke tested funny. Think the mixture was not right.

Monday was spent waking up late. Went to school and nearly had my class canceled as the schedule had my lab session removed last minute. Thankfully my tutor was still around and class went on as per normal after much delay. Came back to continue working on my assignment. Must get it done by tomorrow afternoon so I can take a short break before going down to SLS to scout for some stuff. Than its off to butterfactory to show my support(hope the bourbon coke there is good).

Ok its 2am now and my bio clock says its way past my bed time. Gonna wake up early tmr to carry on my work. Must press on so I can enjoy the rest of the week.

Nights,
Kenneth ;)

*Although I still think that there is another meaning to the song but I just cannot put a finger to it... oh well... lol*