When everythings made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am...



"Iris" by Ronan Keating

And I'd give up forever to touch you
Cause I know that you feel me somehow
You're the closest to heaven
That I'll ever be
And I don't wanna go home right now
And all I can taste is this moment
And all I can breath is your life
Cause sooner or later its over
I just don't want to miss you tonight

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything seems like the movies
Yeah you bleed just to know you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I don't want the world to see me
Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am
I just want you to know who I am

Well that's the end of the CNY holidays. Red packet collection was normal as with every year. Enough for me to spend on new clothes, and some minor hardware upgrades at the march IT Show(new KB and Mouse and maybe new HDD for vista). But most importantly, enough to get any new text books and so on.

Well just some thoughts for today, I was asked to promise someone that everything will turn out fine and ok. Well to that someone if you are reading this, Sorry I Cannot Do That.

As much as I would want to say that everything is going to be fine, I just cannot. It would be bluffing or as good as telling a lie. I am just a normal mortal human. I bleed, I cry, I laugh and someday I will die. I cannot see into the future. No living mortal being on this earth can. If not they would be rich liaos as they can just go look into the future and know which soccer team will win, which horse will win the race or which numbers will come out for the next toto or 4D.

All I can say is to do your best, try hard and do not be afraid to make the wrong choices and learn from other people's mistakes so you do not have to go through the pain of it all.

Well as for me, the song has always been a favourite of mine. And when I found out Mr Keating did a cover, I just had to search for it. Loved his "When You Say Nothing At All" so figured this one should be nice. While nothing beats the original, he sure did a good job in his own way.

The song is written for the movie "City of Angels" and talks about the story of an unknown person's desire to be known by the object of his love. However, he seeks to avoid the notice of others because of possible repercussions.

And it hit me again as thoughts and considerations flash through my mind. They very though of the unequal yoke is back. What if in the end I end up like the guy whom I posted about making that very same mistake I made so many years ago. Wouldn't things be a lot easier? What if in the end it seems to be the better choice because one of equal yoke seem so distance and incompatible. Or maybe I would finally give into pressure. Haiz...

I have come to this conclusion that in the end its really the person's decision to stay single or get attached. Just take a walk down the street, any busy street and you will see couples everywhere and you will know what I mean when the though "This type of person also can get a gf/bf".For some the ideal of giving up their freedom blocks them, and for others its because their requirements are too high. Yet we all know that someday we will have to settle down. The idea of having someone there still appeals to everyone. Just look at the number of shows with some form of romance in them.

Well hopefully the painful reminder of my last mistake will keep me walking the straight line.

Time to sleep liaos. Nites all.

cheers,
Kenneth.

*this still doesn't mean I will pay premium price for a normal piece of vegetable.*