Ole Ole Ole Ole, Ole... Ole...

Well I must say I have never been a fan of S league, but when its a Singapore vs Malaysia match, I confirm will try my best to watch it one. And this evening the choice was to do my assignment 2, play some NWN2 or watch the match. After the last match, the Lions looked like they deserved to lose and not draw by the way they were playing. The Tigers were the ones that looked more hungry for the win. But remembering my Malaysia Cup days where we would pack into one car and off to the national stadium to watch the match, I decided to watch the match.

Singapore look good in the first half but the Malaysian Goalkeeper had the best defenders to help him, the Singapore strikers. The delivery was good, the flanking attack was good but the finishing was never there. And as time went by the Malaysians with their better passing took what little chances they had and scored a goal. Which was in some part the Singapore keeper's fault.

But as usual, Singapore needs to be one behind to get the fighting spirit that they needed and chances were taken and I must say our FTs or rather now SGs(if you get what I mean) worked their ass off and came close to scoring. I must point out that precious' shot would have been my goal of the week if not for the superb take no risk save by the Malaysia keeper. But thanks to good nice weather(for once it helped) the header on target was not saved properly by the Malaysia keeper and it was one all and Singapore was back in the game.

As it went into extra time, both sides played well creating chances but the strain of playing over 100 minutes caught on and it was to the penalties to decide the fate of both team. I will admit I never liked penalties and every time the Lion's took a shot half of my sight would be blocked. And as each sided converted their 4 chances, it came down to Jia Yi to take the 5th shot. He should go thank what ever god(s) he pray to that his shot had just enough power to make it into the net after hitting the Malaysian Keeper. But the fifth Malaysian player to take the spot kick was not so fortunate and our villain (for the Malaysian goal) turned hero as he dove the correct side and caught the ball in style.

Good match with loads of drama and action I must say. Good effort from the Malaysian side as well. I guess that penalties are the worst way to lose a match. I must also say that their keeper was cool throughout the match, keeping a few good shots out. Their captain was also not bad, playing the last man, always clam even when pressured. But got one substitute which came on really spoiled my image of the Malaysian team. He looked like a “hit man” type of player when he came in, but I did not want to judge by looks. But he had to prove me right. He made lots of rough tackles which resulted in a yellow card in the end and I rest my case.

Well other than that, nothing much has happen other than the fact that while looking forward to a nice weekend to rest up, my lecturer had to go through the next assignment. Thankfully my friend reminded me to take a break and relax if not I might end up burning out too fast. For once I actually am motivated so much to do my work that it just seem wrong. Wrong in a sense that when I told myself to take a break and play some games, I found out that I had no other games other than Football Manager 2007. Good thing my Neverwinter Nights 2 DVD was around on the table(Yeah I pre ordered the limited edition).


Maybe just maybe... Elliott might be right after all... Maybe I do need someone in my life so that I would not have no life until all I got is my work... Just maybe... But on second thought, I think I just need to go out more and play more games and watch more "Heroes" :P

Ok its time for bed as I got church tmr and a farewell lunch at village for Christina.
Nites world...

Cheers,
Kenneth.