Life Goes On...

I guess out of everything good or bad, happy or sad there will be lessons to learn, mistakes to correct and encouragement to move on. Its how we deal with them.

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


I was looking and thinking about these verses. I remember looking at the love part for sometime ever since it all happened. Just fighting my own battles trying to figure out what is Love. Is it just an emotion or a feeling? Or is there a basic understanding as well to what was going on.

At the end of it all, I think I learnt abit more about myself, my weakness in trying to fight battles alone and definately abit on about love. Just like Elliott always say, at the traffic light you see the light just turned red and a lorry heading down the street. Your heart says you can make it but your brain says that you cant out run a lorry.

Well after all thats said and done, I still have my fyp to clear like it or not. Time waits for no men even when they felt like the world crashed in on them. And after this whole thing, if I were to still attempt to do what needs to be done in the old way, I would have not learnt anything.

The question is now how can I carry out what needs to be done with love and care rather than as enemies. For as the verse says(para phrased into my contect):

If I can score my distinctions or know how to sell a product,
If I was the greatest leader in the world or was the best motivator,
If I can take a step back and see things logically which results in the best ever plan to be thought off...

But I have no love... I am nothing.

Looks like I have to think of a new plan after all.

Kenneth
:)