Orbis non sufficit



"The World Is Not Enough" by Garbage

I know how to hurt
I know how to heal
I know what to show
And what to conceal
I know when to talk
And I know when to touch
No one ever died from wanting too much

The world is not enough
But it is such a perfect place to start, my love
And if you're strong enough
Together we can take the world apart, my love

People like us
Know how to survive
There's no point in living
If you can't feel alive
We know when to kiss
And we know when to kill
If we can't have it all
Then nobody will

The world is not enough
But it is such a perfect place to start, my love
And if you're strong enough
Together we can take the world apart, my love

I feel safe
I feel scared
I feel ready
And yet unprepared
The world is not enough
But it is such a perfect place to start, my love
And if you're strong enough
Together we can take the world apart, my love

The world is not enough
The world is not enough
No Nowhere near enough,
The world is not enough

---

Another retro song from me and this time its the theme song from the 19th James Bond movie with the same name. Of cos this music video in my honest opinion, can still compete the videos of today. Simply because of its style and special effects. And since its a James Bond related, its rather cool in a James Bond kind of way.

And since the world is not enough, let me share another cool James Bond video...
Moby - James Bond Theme

And yes if you are still wondering, "Orbis non sufficit" is the Bond family motto which means "The World is not enough".

Ok enough of James Bond and on to my life. Happy with myself as this week I managed to get up early and go for my job in the nice morning sun. While it does mean sleeping earlier and sweating more, it also means another step to my goal. While I am not aiming to loose weight and tone up, doesn't mean I dun keep myself healthy. And morning sun is suppose to be good with vitamin D or something. And get a nice slight tan.

Also once again I think found out the hard way that in this world, its either keep up or lose out. Let me explain, there are these little competitions in one of the hardware forums I frequent. And for these competition, you gotta come out with something to explain why you like a certain product or come out with a forum signature(A picture with certain size at the bottom of the post).

And each time I would just give it a try and end up no winning. While I am ok with not winning, I am abit ticked off at the winners. Forum signature, most people will use ms paint, photoshop while I use fireworkds. All graphics program. And some guy comes in using a 3D Modeling program to generate some 3D picture(which to his credit is very good) and wins. The recent one where you have to come out with some words or pictures why you like a certain brand, well I just found out some guy used flash while most of us used words(as in type out) or simple pictures. Again I will not be surprised if he won.

Bottom line I guess is that, spoiling market is the way to go. So as I look forward to the final year of my studies(unless I can go for honours), I have a new motto for it...

"Orbis non sufficit"

cheers,
Kenneth.