Give me your heart, make it real or else forget it about it...



"Smooth" by Santana ft. Rob Thomas

Man it’s a hot one
Like seven inches from the midday sun
I hear you whisper & the words melt everyone
But you stay so cool
My mu-equita, my Spanish harlem mona lisa
Your my reason for reason
The step in my groove

BRIDGE:
And if you say this life ain’t good enough
I would give my world to lift you up
I could change my life to better suit your mood
Cause you’re so smooth

CHORUS:
And just like the ocean under the moon
Well that’s the same emotion that I get from you
You got the kind of lovin that can be so smooth
Gimme your heart, make it real
Or else forget about it


I’ll tell you one thing
If you would leave it would be a crying shame
In every breath and every word I hear your name calling me out
Out from the barrio, you hear my rhythm from your radio
You feel the turning of the world so soft and slow
Turning you round and round


Back to the year 1999 where Santana and Rob Thomas teamed up for this hit song. Interestingly enough, this song was originally conceived by Itaal Shur to be a song titled "Room 17". The lyrics were than stripped off and the song was given to Rob Thomas. Rob Thomas than rewrote the lyrics and melody and called it "Smooth". While it was meant to be sung by George Michael, Santana decided to have Rob Thomas sing it instead after hearing the demo sung by Thomas.

The lyrics seem to be praising an unnamed woman who is then given an ultimatum, "Give me your heart, make it real or else forget it about it". Than praises than stop there.

---

And somehow this song fits my emotions right now. Well to cut a long story short, I feel better and worst now. In a nutshell, I just found out I was a spare tire for a period of time where I put everything into it. And the best part was that I never gave it up until now... Now that I found out... Well I am not going to recap but go read my birthday blog post to get a better idea.

And as usual, the way I let my anger, disappointment out is by going for a jog. And the rain did not even stop me from carrying on. It motivated me even more to complete it. Sure I was dripping wet and my shoes were filled with water and the heavy rain kept beating down on me. But well if you know me well enough, you will know thats not going to stop me...

So I got a few ways to look at it. Two extreme ends and the Kenneth way.

On one extreme end, I can feel all evil and go : while I may not be good looking, have a car, got the cash to burn and am just a lowly CPL in the army... I do not do self owning things to this degree. Haha...

On the other extreme end, I can feel all compassionate and go : no lah, I am sure that was in the past, maybe she really meant it... People change and give the benefit of the doubt ba... I just need to work harder can liaos...

While the evil one is tempting, the other one while seems stupid, can also be tempting to go and continue to say in self denial...

So what am I going to do about it? Well I will see this as another test of character. While I will not take this chance to gloat about it, neither will I be a stupid soft idiot and give in. As tempting as both sides are, I will not fall for it.

I do not have all the time in the world to wait so as the song goes, "Give me your heart, make it real or else forget it about it". I am moving on.... ;)

Cheers,
Kenneth.