What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time...



"In The End" by Linkin Park

It starts with one thing
I don't know why
It doesn't even matter how hard you try keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme
To explain in due time
All I know
Time is a valuable thing
Watch it fly by as the pendulum swings
Watch it count down to the end of the day
The clock ticks life away
It's so unreal
Didn't look out below
Watch the time go right out the window
Trying to hold on, but didn't even know
Wasted it all just to watch you go
I kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when

I tried so hard
And got so far
But in the end
It doesn't even matter
I had to fall
To lose it all
But in the end
It doesn't even matter

One thing, I don't know why
It doesn’t even matter how hard you try, keep that in mind
I designed this rhyme, to explain in due time
I tried so hard
In spite of the way you were mocking me
Acting like I was part of your property
Remembering all the times you fought with me
I'm surprised it got so (far)
Things aren't the way they were before
You wouldn't even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me (in the end)
You kept everything inside and even though I tried, it all fell apart
What it meant to me will eventually be a memory of a time when I

Chorus

I’ve put my trust in you
Pushed as far as I can go
And for all this
There's only one thing you should know (2x) Chorus

---

Back to 2001 when this single was released. Not much is known about the song or why it was originally written. Or at least when I searched on wikipedia. Do let me know if you know the reason. Although I can guess it can be about a relationship that did not turn out right.

Anyway just to round up the week, went for dinner on friday with the usual people, namely charlene, francis and elliott. Had dinner at that jap place at marina with the really nice ice-cream. Tried the chocolate drink with soft ice cream this time. Good stuff I must say.

Saturday was spent doing up my tutorial and lab task and getting my pc back to operational status. While its now operational, its not yet at 100%. Hope to slowly build back by end of june.

Today(sunday) was spent watching Pirates 3. Good show, and not bad for a $9.50 ticket as it was quite long. Stayed back for the extra ending after the credits as usual. Although the show tried to squeeze too much into one show and there were some parts which could have been done better, it was ok overall.

Well next week is gonna be packed with studying, studying and more studying as my exams are coming. Also it means I am gonna be one more step closer to reaching 1/4 of a century old. Haiz... age is catching up with me. And of cos the PC show. As much as I want a new 20" wide screen Dell LCD monitor, I wish my current one will still survive until I start work so I can get the 22" one when I give my pc another overhaul...

Well thats about it tonight. Gonna sleep early so I can go for a morning jog tomorrow.

Cheers,
Kenneth. ;)