A tribute to those who lost their lives in service of the country



"Every Breath You Take" by The Police

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every bond you break
Every step you take
Ill be watching you

Every single day
Every word you say
Every game you play
Every night you stay
Ill be watching you

Oh, cant you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every step you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
Ill be watching you

Since youve gone I been lost without a trace
I dream at night I can only see your face
I look around but its you I cant replace
I feel so cold and I long for your embrace
I keep crying baby, baby, please...

Oh, cant you see
You belong to me
How my poor heart aches
With every breath you take

Every move you make
Every vow you break
Every smile you fake
Every claim you stake
Ill be watching you

Every move you make
Every step you take
Ill be watching you

Ill be watching you
Ill be watching you
Ill be watching you
Ill be watching you

---

It with a heavy heart that I found out that 2 NSFs lost their lives while overseas for training recently. 2 young men, one who has a place in the local university while the other who will be ORDing at the end of the year.

And once again lives are lost due to the lack of interest by the people high up there who cant be bothered with the people below them. Upgrading their fighter jets dun make a different to them anyway be now or later. But to the pilots and these 2 young men who have their lives ahead of them it mattered the most. To be bias, the pilots are doing this as their career. Risk like this are part of their jobs.

Yet to the 2 young men who earns about $450 ~ $800 considering their rank and vocation, is it worth it?

Yes its worth it to protect the country and if losing your life means the safety of your loved one that it is well worth every blood shed. But in this case, its all cos some people just cannot bothered until something happens.

I usually dun like to use strong words but WHAT THE F@#$~! This is pure crap lah. I do hope the people responsible will get nightmares each night unable to face the fact that they have caused the lives of two young men who have their lives ahead of them just because they could not be bothered.

Screw them. A bit direct and harsh but as a fellow singaporean who served his time as well, I can't help but feel for them. Innocent lives lost like that.

My heart goes out to the families of the 2 servicemen and the those recovering from their injuries from the incident. Its no accident cos it could have been prevented.

Your Fellow Singaporean,
Kenneth.